The brief background of TMC was compiled by the then Chairman of LCEC, Brother Henry Wong in 1999 in conjunction with TMC 15th Anniversary.
|1957||To cater for the non-Mandarin speaking worshippers, the Chin-Fu Methodist Church started the English Service.|
|1982||The idea of independent identity was first mooted|
|27.02.83||The proposal of establishing the English Congregation was tabled at the Local conference.|
|03.06.83||The application was forwarded to SCAC for approval|
|03.11.83||The Chin-Fu LCEC meeting agreed that the renovation of TMC would be the 13th Anniversary project.|
|19.08.84||The first service was held.|
|26.08.84||Thanksgiving and dedication services were held at 8:30 am and 3:00 pm respectively and was officiated by the Bishop Rev. C. N. Fang.|
|20.12.87||The Christmas Celebration night began the mission work at Taman Malihah, Matang.|
|05.01.92||TMC began a new journey with Mandarin Service.|
|01.1995||A new preaching point was established at Hui Sing Garden. It is now a full church called Faith Methodist Church.|
|1996||Tadika Methodist Matang was set up to cater for the needs of the local residents and for our outreach work.|
|15.02.98||Another English Service (11:30 am) was added.|
|1998||Siniawan Preaching Point was established by TMC. Lundu Preaching Point was established by FMC.|
|03.07.99||Buildings were completed and dedication services were held for Siniawan and Lundu preaching points by the President, Rev. Ting Daik Choung.|
Notes: This article was published in the TMC 15th Anniversary Magazine in August 1999.